Living Hope 9 Monyhull 0

Living Hope 9 Monyhull 0

Steve Farley writes,

At last! A game of football AND some sunshine on a lovely Saturday morning.

The first ten minutes was ‘let’s blow out the cobwebs’ for both sides, especially us – we were certainly not at the races, and neither team seemed capable of launching a decent attack. A little luck to spark us was needed and it came in the form of an own goal – Craig racing to get on the end of Pete’s cross only for the defender to clear the ball straight into the back of his own net. Hard lines on Monyhull but we really needed it to kick start our game.

In the twenty sixth minute we doubled our lead when a Callum deep cross to the far post found Craig who headed back to Pete who buried it with venom. 2-0

Carl’s half time team talk was simple enough – ‘this half make sure you take your chances!’ And we did.

The second half got off to a great start. An inch perfect 35 yd diagonal pass rolled for Martin to run on to. Mart beat his defender and layed it back to callum to score from 10 yards 3-0

Craig then hit a 25 yard free kick beating wall and keeper for 4-0 then minutes later a Webby long throw found Jack whose shot found its way through the eye of a needle for the fifth. Man of the match Mart who had been terrorising hulls right back all game then ran half the length of the pitch following an easy pass from Pete to beat the keeper for six.

Super sub Webby then got in on the act with another 25 yard free kick for the eight. Tough luck on ‘hull then when Super sub Webby (finishing with a tally of one goal and two assists in just twentyfive minutes) supplied Mart who struck again with the last kick of the game for nine.

Shell shocked Monyhull didn’t play that badly – it was more a case of nearly all our shots on target and giving the keeper a real hard time. Despite the score line he made many fine saves and never missed a cross all game.

Glad we managed to get a game today and we look forward to meeting St Michaels again next Saturday.

Comments are closed.