Rowley College 4 Charlemont Star 4

25th October


We met Rowley College today in our first ever meeting.

Rowley took the lead straight from the kick-off, 9 seconds on my watch after a mistake from our centre half Rory Taylor, with their striker through on goal, calmly slotting past Star keeper Gary Lunt, 1-0. Fortunately for us we got back on terms on 6 minutes after good work from Jamie Holder in the box ending up with Tom Collins poking the ball home from close range, 1-1. On 19 minutes Chris Watson, captain for the day, passed to Jamie Holder in the box who was tripped resulting in a spot kick being awarded, Jamie stepped up and struck the ball into the net, 1-2. Both teams continued to create opportunities thereafter, with the next goal going to Rowley on 27 minutes, 2-2 going into the break.

HT: 2-2

The second half started similar to the first but this time we scored within the first minute of the restart with Tom Collins on 46 minutes with a slide rule pass into the box path with a clinical finish on the diagonal across the keeper from Stu Smith, 2-3. Our first substation came on 65 minutes with Ryan Hillier replacing Danny Wood up front. On 69 minutes Rowley equalised to make a 3-3, game on! Three minutes later we took the lead once again with Tom Collins again the provider with Danny Holland scoring with a clinical finish firmly struck past the Rowley keeper, 3-4. Lewis Cox was replaced by Bradley Tiernan on 75 minutes with Danny Holland moving into centre midfield and Brad playing on the left hand side of midfield.

By this time we were on the back foot and under pressure with Rowley eventually equalising on 85 minutes with a well struck shot into the bottom corner past a hapless Gary Lunt, 4-4.

It was a game full of individual errors but very entertaining with a draw on reflection probably the fairest result. Good luck to Pete and his team, thanks also to the officials who kept the game flowing where possible.

We look forward to our next match where we entertain Sheldon next weekend.

Comments are closed.