29th September – Match Report

Christ Church Coseley 4 vs 1 Living Hope Church United

After a poor performance last week we knew today we would need to step it up and although Living Hope Church United lost heavily last week we knew that no two weeks are ever the same at this level or in this league..

We started well with some good attacks down both wings finally paid off when Chambers got free on the right to cross for Bob who made it 1-0 inside 10 minutes.
We were awarded a free kick after their goalkeeper handled outside of the penalty area with the resulting free kick taken going narrowly wide from Screeny.
It could have been 2-0 when again a ball across the box fell to Bob 10 yards out only for his shot to be sent back out to the wing. Around 25 mins in and once again down the right Lewis Beardmore latched onto a ball through from Jordy to finish in the bottom corner to make it 2-0. 40 mins in and it was 3-0. A throw in from Jordy falling to Lewis B who managed to turn and fire the ball past the stranded their keeper, a very neat finish considering he had his back to goal and 3 defenders on him. We kept pushing and every attack we had we looked dangerous with Chambers very nearly finding the net with a scorpion kick that went inches over, as the ht approached we got to about a minute before ht another ball across the box found Bob again back post with what looked like a simple finish only for him to get his feet on the wrong legs (in the words of Paul Merson) and somehow managed to put the ball wide.
Ht 3-0

2nd half started with Living Hope Church United coming out a lot stronger and created a few more chances but not much troubled the keeper until a lack of concentration and maybe the laziness we saw last week snook in and lhc found the back of the net. 3-1.
This woke us up again and after a few more good attempts and attacks came to nothing. We thought we had a good shout for a penalty, we thought our player had been brought down when Bob had rounded the keeper in a 1 on 1 situation but the match officials saw it differently.
The game was then sealed when for the 3rd time Jordy found Lewis B in the box and he made no mistake firing the ball across the keeper into the bottom corner to complete a well deserved hat-trick. A few more missed chances came (mainly Bob who still had his feet on the wrong legs) and the ref called time on a game that had started to fizzle out on the last 10 minutes.
4-1 ft.

We wish lhc all the best and now go into a weeks break to regroup and maybe some extra shooting practice for myself.

Comments are closed.